The Sole Rep. Visa
The sole representative visa allows a senior employee of an overseas business to come to the UK to set up and run a UK branch or wholly-owned subsidiary of the overseas parent company.
Sole Representative of an Overseas Business Visa UK
For overseas nationals wanting to work in the UK for their company or expand their business into the UK, the Representative of an Overseas Business Visa, (mostly referred to as a Sole Representative Visa) provides a strong solution. This visa allows you to live and work in the UK for three years, and to bring your dependents to the UK where they can work without restriction.
Businesses based overseas can take advantage of the Sole Representative Visa to establish a presence in Britain to test the market, without the overheads associated with setting up a branch office and hiring local staff.
As the fifth-largest economy in the world, the UK offers vast opportunities for innovative organizations ready to expand. To take advantage of the prospects available in Britain is to send a sole representative to ‘dip their toe in the water’, before making a full commitment.
What is the Sole Representative Visa
The Sole Representative Visa (also referred as Representative of an Overseas Business Visa) allows overseas companies to set up a commercial presence of their business in the UK by sending over a senior representative (Sole representative) to the UK.
The Sole Representative Visa offers Indian or any overseas companies to set up a branch or subsidiary of their parent company in the UK.
Who can be a Sole Representative?
A Sole representative applying to the UK must be an overseas national who is:
- An (employee) of a business outside of the UK planning to set up either a branch or a subsidiary in the UK.
- A senior member of the company but not the owner and has enough skills and authority to make business decisions on the company’s behalf.
- Replacing a previous sole representative.
- An employee of a newspaper, news agency or broadcasting company outside the UK.
Responsibilities of the Sole Representative Visa
The sole representative is responsible for establishing a branch or subsidiary of the overseas business and making key business decisions on its behalf. The entry clearance officers also take into account:
- The employment contract of the Sole representative
- Job description of the Sole representative
- Overseas company’s current and future business plans
What Are the Eligibility Requirements for a Sole Representative Visa?
To be eligible for a Sole Representative Visa, you must provide proof that:
- Is an active and trading overseas business
- Has and will continue to have its headquarters and centre of operations based outside the UK
- Intends to open and operate a branch office or wholly owned subsidiary in the UK
The applicant genuinely
- Was recruited overseas by the parent company
- Is setting up the organisation’s initial presence in the UK
- Has a great deal of experience, skills, and knowledge of the parent company and its industry
- Holds a senior position in the company and can make independent decisions on the parent company’s behalf
- Is not a major shareholder or have any significant control or stakeholding in the business via a partnership agreement or sole ownership
- Has the required knowledge of English
- Has sufficient funds to support themselves and any dependents during their leave to remain
We are here to provide you the best immigration advice
The UK government encourages people who can contribute to the UK economy to come to the UK. Investors, entrepreneurs, highly skilled workers, and sole representatives from outside of the EEA can invest, set up businesses, or work in the UK by meeting the eligibility requirements. Our immigration solicitors are extremely experienced with business immigration and will provide you a hassle-free process to develop your business and enjoy your life in the UK.
Get in Touch
To arrange an initial consultation meeting, call our immigration solicitors on +441416482500 or fill out and send the form below. We will get back to you with the best possible solutions and services tailored to your needs.